17 June 2013

Dinner at Uneed Cafe @ Publika, Kuala Lumpur

Yesterday I arrived home after six hours of torment and excruciation of science classes. Mommy Liu finally had the time to enjoy a (cheat) meal with me and the rest of the fam after a long week (any excuse), so we hopped down to Uneed Cafe at the nearby mall, Publika for a little 'welcome-back' dinner.


I knew Papa Liu will approve of the place as it has a western-ish feel - the food, drinks, service etc. It just suits his taste well. And who doesn't love it? 


I KNOW I DO


So while we're eagerly waiting for our food, and getting ready to munch all of it (uh oh), we spent a lovely (but short) ranting time.


And while we were chatting around, we (well, I) greedily scanned the menu for desserts and (I) had chosen two selections to potentially order later. 

AND *drumrolls* - our food ...... 

 Chicken soup
We were first served with the appetizer - which all of us did not shared (cries)

 Tomato soup 


The mushroom soup was a little too creamy for my taste but the tomato soup was just perfect!

Our entrĂ©e :



The white sauce, prawns, clams of the seafood fettuccine was incredible - but the pasta was not that soft as I wanted. However, overall was pretty good!



My grilled dory and salmon combo! Apart from being hating the fries, uh - no, I don't hate them but it's really because of the bikini season starts next week (oh my beach bod) and, let's be honest, nobody wants to be that girl walking in the street with baggy tees, no?


I JUST HAVE TO ADMIT - i love it! The dory, salmon, broccoli - but sorry fries #sorrybutnosorry



Papa Liu wasn't too happy with his rib eye steak with lemon grass. Way lower than his expectations, but he's happy with his root beer, though. (how i comforted him)

It's been a life-long lesson to learn how to resist oneself from being seduced from desserts, subtly erasing it from your lunch or dinner. But, tonight, no, let's party.

ANYWAY, after gobbling down our starters, frowning once again what to have for our desserts was never fun. But looking at the menu full of HD pictures of all kinds of heavenly desserts and feasting our eyes were one of the happiest moment in my whole lifetime. (who doesn't?)



I settled with my apple pie which surprised me - ohmygosh. Apple pie topped with vanilla ice cream WITH strawberries and WITH chocolate sauce. (mmhmmm)


Mom stayed honest to herself and admitted that she really wants an indulgence, so she ordered the 'bread and butter pudding' which she is willingly to share one bite with me (after arguing for ten minutes) OMNOM. No more. MORE?! None. All in the tummy.






Tomorrow I WILL SULK my way back into the swimming pool. Fingers crossed xx

No comments:

Post a Comment